Table of Contents
- Added new charts for displaying tasks in a predefined time interval (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly).
- Help menu item has a new menu item linking to documentation.
- Edit task: start/end time could now be inserted without the leading 0 (both 09:15 and 9:15 are valid inputs).
- Chart axis: labels on axis could no longer overlap.
Task Search: Overview dialog has a new search field that allows you to search through the past tasks. See documentation for more info.
Framework update: migrated to JavaFX 14.
- Resolved an UI issue that prevented META+TAB from changing tabs if the date field was focused.
- Improved performance when displaying tasks in the table.
Time conflict resolution: fixed a bug that caused an error dialog to appear if the updated task time collided with another task that was not displayed in the table.
- Overview dialog: table ui improvements
One instance: if the application is already running, the existing SlothTracker window will be opened.
- Main screen: CTRL+ENTER starts tracking selected task if no other task is running.
- Overview dialog: Fixed a nullpointer exception that was occasionally triggered in project time aggregation table.
- Mac: added a workaround for the application crash that happened on dialog confirm action when invoked via keyboard shortcuts (META+ENTER). It’s a bug in the JavaFX framework which should be resolved upstream.
- Removed unecessary delete button on Add Task dialog.
- Windows: Fixed an empty vertical scrollbar on autocomplete suggestions dropdown that appeared when only one task was suggested.
- Linux: SlothTracker is now part of the Utilities menu group.
System tray: Fixed a blurry icon that appeared on Linux with KDE environment.
One instance: Fixed an issue with SlothTracker not opening after forced system shutdown.
Task rename dialog: Tasks are now ordered in ascending date order.
Task overlap dialog: Added a delete row option on right mouse click.
Help menu: Added ‘Enter License’ menu item.
Autocomplete field: Tasks are now suggested based on their past popularity. Title and project are suggested separately depending on the cursor position in the text field.
Task import dialog: Tasks that were already imported are no longer showing as overlapping tasks.
Edit task: Deselecting still running checkbox did not update the end time field.
- System tray: Fixed a bug on Windows and MAC that caused the system tray menu items to duplicate.
System tray: Added a system tray which could be enabled via preferences dialog. If enabled, clicking on close of the main time tracking application window will hide the window (and not quit the application).
Autocomplete fields: Improved suggestion algorithm in autocomplete text fields.
Overview dialog: Selected tasks could now be renamed by either right clicking on table or via keyboard shortcut
Edit task dialog:
Total time field could now display negative values and is no longer automatically setting end time to 0 if start time is set after end time.
Added a safety check for tasks with negative duration.
Task import: Tasks that were already imported are no longer detected as overlapping tasks.
Papercuts: Various UI improvements.
Keyboard shortcuts: Added keyboard shortcuts to execute actions and navigate through the GUI faster.
UI redesign: Redesigned UI to make it more suitable for keyboard heavy workflow. Improved visibility of the focused GUI components.
Edit task dialog: changing date only was not detected as task update and the updated task was not saved.
Time conflict resolution dialog was not displaying correct number of overlaps that should be resolved.
Typing in autocomplete text fields no longer feels laggy.
Task rename dialog: Added a task/project rename dialog on overview dialog which allows you to rename multiple tasks at once.
Overview dialog: Added project total time percentages for selected time frame.
Splash screen: Replaced splash screen.
One instance: Only one SlothTracker application can be opened at the same time.
- Smaller application layout annoyances.
Workday starts at feature: Added
workday starts atoption for all night workers out there. This feature shifts the working day for the specified amount of hours (settable in preferences dialog). Even if you work through the night, the tracked time will be displayed under one day only.
Edit task dialog: added total time field.
New Icon: replaced a blurry app icon with a bigger one.
Papercuts: smaller application layout fixes that make the software a bit more enjoyable to use.
First public release: First public release after one year of development and heavy use in an agency like environment.
Automatic time overlap resolution: If editing existing task causes to overlap another task the time conflict resolution will be automatically resolved up to a predefined minutes (could be changed via preferences dialog). If tasks overlap for more than predefined amount a conflict resolution dialog will appear to help you resolve the time conflict.
Tracked tasks statistics:
- Overview screen for displaying tracked tasks in the selected timeframe with bar chart and table overview.
- Commonly used buttons for quick selection of the most commonly used timeframes.
Data importing in .csv format: You can now import data from the following tools:
- SlothTracker (csv)
- Toggl (csv)
- Clockify (csv)
- Harvest (csv)
- Hamster tracker (db)
- Kimai (csv)
Data exporting in .csv format: Data from selected timeframe could be exported into .csv for further analysis.
New preferences dialog: New settings for tweaking the behavior of the SlothTracker.
First SlothTracker prototype - a time tracking desktop application.
Development of yet another time tracking application started due to issues with all other time tracking software:
- Web based tools that need constant internet connection.
- They are hard to use with keyboard only (they don’t support keyboard shortcuts)
- Data privacy issues - you don’t know what happens with your data.
- Useful features are locked down in Enterprise versions.
- Subscription based.
For a full story, see: Why was SlothTracker developed blog post.