DepBuilder was developed for the Jenkins 2.235.1 and should be working up to the latest Jenkins version (2.273).
It is possible that the DepBuilder works even on the earlier versions (pre 2.235.1), but they are not officially supported.
DepBuilder Community version could be installed through the Jenkins plugin market place:
- Open the Jenkins dashboard and select Manage Jenkins option in the sidebar on the left.
- Click on the Manage Plugins in the System Configuration section.
- Select the Available tab and search for the
- Check the installation checkbox and click on one of the install buttons at the bottom of the page.
- Restart the Jenkins master node in order to reload the installed/updated plugins
Alternatively, you could deploy the .hpi plugin file manually, as described in the Manual Installation section.
For more info on managing Jenkins plugins, make sure to check out the official Jenkins documentation.
After buying the DepBuilder Pro version you will receive an email with the link to
the download page that contains the DepBuilder plugin, called
xx represents the version number of the plugin.
- Open up a Jenkins dashboard and select Manage Jenkins option in the left sidebar.
- Click on the Manage Plugins in the System Configuration section as shown on the image below:
- Click on the Advanced tab and select the Browse button in the
Upload Pluginsection. A file upload dialog will open and you should select the previously downloaded
- Click on the Upload button below the form to upload the selected plugin file.
- Restart the Jenkins master node on which the plugin was installed.
Entering the License¶
Pro After installing the DepBuilder Pro as described in the Manual Installation, you have to enter the license which you have received via email after purchasing the DepBuilder Pro.
Clicking on the DepBuilder configuration section should open the following form:
Enter your license and click on the save button. Saving the license should update the following fields:
- License type
- Plugin version
- License valid until
If your license has expired your builds are still going to work, but with a Community set of features. For the current difference between the two, see the Features page.